This recipe by Danny Ojinaga is our take on the classic Arnold Palmer which is made with half sweet tea, half lemonade. It is aromatic, layered, bright, floral with bittersweet notes! Full of citrus flavors and perfect for refreshing for warmer days.
Here's Danny's recipe:
What you will need:
- 1.5oz Earl Grey (make sure the tea has cooled after steeping)
- .75oz Blood Orange + Meyer Lemon Shrub
- .50oz Lime Cordial (made from spent lime husks)
- Soda water optional
For the lime cordial you will need:
- 750g lime husks
- 750g Sugar (I use cane sugar, but white sugar works)
- 750g water
- Add husks to a large bowl or container.
- Pour sugar over the husk. Can muddle sugar into husks. Let sit overnight.
- Add boiling water over the mix and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Strain mixture and bottle.
Time to make your Little Apple Palmer:
- I add all the ingredients to a shaker or mason jar with ice. I give it a quick hard shake (just 3-4 seconds so to not over dilute)
- Strain into a new glass over ice.
- You could also build this in a glass with ice and stir it with a spoon.
The recipe will keep for a couple of weeks so if you want to make a 750ml batch here is how!
Make a large batch
- 12oz Earl Grey Tea
- 6oz Blood Orange /Meyer Lemon Shrub
- 4oz Lime Cordial
- 3oz Water
Mix all the ingredients together in a large container or bowl. Stir well. Funnel into bottle. No additional shaking or stirring needed.