Little Apple Treats House Dressing
Little Apple Treats
Quick and easy - perfect for large gatherings at the holidays.
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 orange
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 tablespoon Blood Orange + Meyer Lemon Shrub
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pepper to taste
Combine shallot, citrus juice and zest, apple cider vinegar and salt in the bottom of your shaker jar. Let sit 10 min to mellow the shallots. Add olive oil, honey or shrub, spices and pepper.
Shake well and taste. This makes a lively dressing, and we love it on a salad of butter lettuce and avocado, with some toasted seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, poppy) as a garnish.