Little Apple Treats (Vegan) Applesauce Bread Recipe
Little Apple Treats
This is a delicious tea bread, full of granola and chocolate. Great with a cup of tea, or for breakfast.
- 1 cup (300g) unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coconut yogurt, plain or vanilla (1-5.3 oz container or 150g)
- ½ cup (160g) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (60g) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5g) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups (275g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5.5g) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (13g) baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon (3g) kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5g) apple pie or pumpkin spice mix
½ cup (56g) Orchard Blend or Hill + Hollow Blend Granola
- ½ cup (56g) chopped chocolate, pieces, or chocolate chips
- Additional granola to top bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, yogurt, olive oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the granola and chocolate chips. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into two paper 6” x 2.5” x 2” paper loaf pans. Top with granola.
- Bake for 35 min or until a tester comes out clean. Cool several hours or overnight and serve.
- Pro tip—for a more even rise, portion the batter into the two pans, then freeze the batter in the pans overnight. Preheat oven to 350. Bake the frozen batter for 45 min, or until a tester comes out clean.